Pages

17 March 2010

The moment I realised a calling

Like a puzzle starts to come together - so my life calling comes together. For years I have had different passions and now I see how these are coming together. 
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I have resigned. 
I have decided to study again.
Midwifery.
I have a Passion for Africa and the people of Africa.
Especially a fascination with Zambia.
Today I was moved by an account by a British midwife Lisa Common,
She writes about a life changing experience in Zambia

I have this deep knowing and desire to make a difference.

While looking at TED.com I came across Jane Chen of Embrace.
450 premature babies die every hour in developing countries, one of the main reasons is they cannot regulate there body temperature. With no or very little medical interventions Incubators are not readily available or there is just no electricity.
The embrace infant warmer is an economic, easy to use and sterile option.
Now to get them to the places in need......
This is what drives me - that there are these kind of organisations working to make a difference - I will be part of this movement making a difference to the mothers and babies of Africa.