Pages

05 March 2010

first moments of life

On Tuesday nights the blue rinse girls meet for dinner, there are 6 of us, we alternate homes and try out our new recipes on each other as the years pass us by we gather to connect and encourage and laugh and drink wine  but most importantly share our lives with each other. I clearly remember that evening nine months ago (it feels like a few weeks back) the six of us were gathered around my dining table jabbering, -I was on my soap box giving my views on Natural birth and pregnancy - when it suddenly hit a few of us that not everyone was drinking wine that evening, there was silence, a few glances around and next moment Megs announces she had just found out she was pregnant and was trying to keep quiet until her 3 month mark but alas who can keep that kind of news from the blue rinses........ well you can imagine 6 women together filled with joy after we all  settled down, Bon shared with us that she too was pregnant, two weeks behind Meg........ :)

As a trained Doula and future Midwife I revelled in having two close friends pregnant at the same time one with similar views to me, natural birth, bamboo nappies and breast fed, the other an elected Cesarean & disposable nappies.... I believe there is no right or wrong each person has to make the choice that they are most comfortable with........ Before I get carried away, I'll put this aside for another blog.

I am so excited to announce the birth of the beautiful little Rachele Emma, she graced us with her presence on the afternoon of the 3rd of march.
While on our way to check on Mom and Babe we received a call to lets us know that Megs had just gone into labor and the little
Eiran Rose arrived late in the evening of the 4th March.
I can't wait to meet her and check on Mom.

I have been so blessed to have assisted many moms in this incredible journey, to watch a baby arrive in the world is breath taking and it is because of this incredible overwhelming feeling that I have experienced I have decided to become a student again, go back to school and study midwifery later this year.

Well I'm off now to Meet Eiran.