Pages

02 March 2010

DOING A BIT FOR OTHERS

So once again Christmas is around the corner and I have to admit it is not my best holiday. I dislike the excessive money spent on trinkets that are not needed and often unappreciated - This is a very generalised comment, the feeling has grown within me over the past years. Sitting around a table on a very hot South African evening with a table laden with turkey, ham etc etc is not conducive for a hot evening this seems crazy to me and yet a great treat to others. Over the past few years I have chosen a charity or project that has special meaning to me and made a donation on behalf of all my family and friends....... This year I have chosen the Princess Alice adoption home,  Although my first niece was born this year so I will be in search of a Green Christmas gift for her.
As I believe that the meaning of Christmas has been lost, I choose once a year to spend it on my own preferably traveling. I take the time to look back over the year and contemplate my life and observe how Christmas is celebrated in different cultures and countries. My family is spread around the world so I also make time to visit them and enjoy there company.
While wondering the streets of Seville I found this little shop filled with recyclable useful gifts... I love the words positive Christmas...